Application for Membership
PATACSI MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Based on: BY – LAWS OF THE PHILIPPINE ASSOCIATION OF THORACIC AND CARDIOVASCULAR SURGEONS (PATACSI), INCORPORATED
As approved on December 10, 1994 and Amended on December 02, 2003 by the General Membership
ARTICLE III: Membership
Section II. Qualification of Candidates
There shall be three (3) Classes of Candidates for surgeons not yet qualified to be Fellows but are actively engaged in the practice of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery:
- He must be a surgeon certified by the Philippine Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Inc. (PBTCVS)
- To qualify for active membership, he must have actively participated in the PATACSI annual convention and postgraduate course and at least fifty percent (50%) of PATACSI scientific meetings or any equivalent activities related to the thoracic and cardiovascular surgery specialty one (1) year following the induction.
- Failure to apply as an active member within five years from certification as Diplomate without valid justification will result in the following:
- Disqualification from Candidate Group
- Appropriate sanctions to be imposed as determined by the Board of Directors upon delayed application
- Notification of non – membership to surgical specialty will be disseminated to appropriate regulatory agencies.
- He must have completed three (3) years of an accredited training program in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery of the PATACSI
- He must be eligible to take the certifying examination of the Philippine Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Inc.
He must be a fellow-in- training of an accredited thoracic and cardiovascular surgery training program of PATACSI.